In The Sims community, the term "berry" is used to describe Sims who have unnaturally colorful hair, skin tone, and eye color, wearing matching outfits. The Not So Berry Challenge is a legacy challenge in The Sims 4 created by The Sims YouTuber lilsimsie and her friend alwaysimming. Get to Work, Get Together, and City Living expansion packs, the Parenthood, Spa Day, and Outdoor Retreat game packs, and the Movie Hangout stuff pack are required to fulfill the goals set for the game. The following lists the rules of the challenge.
- Each heir represents the color of the generation (i.e. hair, makeup, clothing). Skin color is not necessary for the Not So Berry challenge, hence the name.
- The colors of the spouses do not matter as they are not part of the challenge. Unless otherwise stated, the player can do whatever they please with them.
- Money cheats can be used, but not excessively.
- The player may live wherever you please unless something is specified in the rules of a generation.
- Every generation is supposed to complete both the career and aspiration of the heir unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Keep the lifespan on normal.
Generation I: Mint
Mint is the theme color for the first generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Scientist career and complete Chief of Mischief aspiration.
- Master Mischief and Logic skills.
- Complete the Elements collection.
Generation II: Rose
Rose is the theme color for the second generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Have only one child.
- Master the Politician career and complete Serial Romantic aspiration.
- Master Charisma skill.
- Must leave someone at the altar.
- Get married for the first time as an elder.
Generation III: Yellow
Yellow is the theme color for the third generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Rocket Science and Handiness skill.
- Master Astronaut career and complete Nerd Brain aspiration.
- Build a rocket ship and visit Sixam.
- Enter the secret lot in Oasis Springs.
- Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation I until the grandparent dies.
Generation IV: Grey
Grey is the theme color for the fourth generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Singing, Parenting, and Athletic skills.
- Master Athlete career and complete Bodybuilder aspiration.
- Have three failed relationships.
- Marry a Neat Sim.
- Be good friends with all of the children.
- Have family movie night with spouse and children every Sunday.
Generation V: Plum
Plum is the theme color for the fifth generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Dance and two other skills of the player's choosing
- Achieve at least level eight in six skills.
- Complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration.
- Get divorced and then later remarried to the same Sim.
- Live in at least three different worlds over the course of Generation V heir's life.
Generation VI: Orange
Orange is the theme color for the sixth generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Baking and Charisma skills.
- Master Criminal career and complete Public Enemy aspiration.
- Live in an apartment with the Needs TLC lot trait for the entire young adult life.
- Have twins. They should be the only children for the generation. The player is allowed to cheat for this.
- Insist on being evil (Claim to Be Criminal Mastermind interaction) but nobody believes the Generation VI heir, not even their own children.
Generation VII: Pink
Pink is the theme color for the seventh generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Complete postcard collection.
- Master Writing and Wellness skills.
- Complete Bestselling Author aspiration.
- Have a well-maintained garden.
- Quit day job as an adult to pursue dreams.
Generation VIII: Peach
Peach is the theme color for the eighth generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Marry a co-worker.
- Must know how to play an instrument.
- Master Gourmet Cooking and Comedy skills.
- Master Detective career.
- Must live in a different world than the Generation VIII heir was raised.
Generation IX: Green
Green is the theme color for the ninth generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Master Mixology, Video Gaming, and Programming skills.
- Master Tech Guru career and complete Computer Whiz aspiration.
- Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with friends.
- Have at least five good friends and five enemies.
Generation X: Blue
Blue is the theme color for the final generation of the Not So Berry Challenge.
- Adopt at least one child.
- Master the Photography, Cooking, and Parenting skills.
- Master Critic career and complete Super Parent aspiration.
- Must marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death.
- Have a one-time secret affair.
- KelseyDangerous' Not So Berry Challenge
- List of custom content used by KelseyDangerous
- Discuss everything about the Not So Berry Challenge
- The Sims 4 challenges terminology
- 100 Baby Challenge LP
- lilsimsie. (2017, February 24). Not So Berry Legacy Challenge [Tumblr post]. Retrieved from https://lilsimsie.tumblr.com/post/157671494755/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge